National Accounts Director
Position Available in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, or other Southeastern City with a major airport
Develop and manage 6-10 existing national accounts while leveraging relationships to drive new national account opportunities, with a small business owner mentality. Analyze your market, account base, broker and distributor relationships to determine how best to expand and deeply penetrate the accounts. Identify support from the corporate team including products and service levels, in order to most effectively do so. Establish account plans to drive new packaging development opportunities with a focus on improving gross margin and revenue.
- Build strong relationships with our largest national accounts in order to drive penetration into their business providing us with profit (gross margin) growth.
- Develop account plans for your top national accounts. This is a business plan explaining why the customer is a good fit for Pak-Sher and how we are going to penetrate and develop this account to generate more profit.
- Manage customer gross margin & packaging portfolio gross margin to meet or exceed set percentages.
- Manage customer contracts to ensure terms and conditions of the business relationship are clear especially protecting Pak-Sher from inventory liabilities and including definitions of pricing terms to ensure margin attainment while maintaining high service levels.
- Support corporate efforts to improve gross margin identified by developing business plans that impact margin improvement. Margins can be improved by adding new higher margin items to the portfolio, changing products to improve margin, changing from domestic to import products, or passing on price increases where the customer will tolerate. Exiting a customer with insufficient margin is also a last option.
- Implement resin related price changes to escalator contracts on time, not allowing slippage in timing. Resin costs to be provided by the purchasing manager. Account Director responsible for understanding the pricing mechanics and calculating new prices, then communicating to the customer to allow timely implementation.
- Implement resin related price increases to non-contract customers with communications within 15 days of direction from Chief Customer Officer (CCO) without letting the increases slip to consecutive months (with the agreed upon notification period to your customers).
- Adopt SalesForce.com for the exclusive sales management and reporting tool. We should be in SalesForce daily. All contracts should be in SalesForce. All opportunities being discussed or pursued should be in SalesForce, no matter the size. All contracts, contacts, notes from meetings, related emails, memos, price changes, proposals, quotes, customer service requests, expediting of shipments, OTIF performance concerns, any problems encountered with the customer, etc.
- Be a problems solver. Whenever major issues arise, develop a solution to discuss with the CCO. Provide a recommended path forward and a discussion of what other options you evaluated. Provide some history of how this solution has worked in the past and how you believe the customer will react. With agreement, move forward with the plan.
- Once training for Sandler Selling System commences, demonstrate continuous improvement in implementation of Sandler.
- Pain funnel engagement
- Decision process
- Attend 40 hours of professional training, which can be accomplished via Sandler training as appropriate.
- Seek packaging development opportunities with your customers by provide customer requests for product development totaling 10 for the fiscal year from customers.
- Manage T&E budget not to exceed 100% of budgeted expenses. (to be provided)
- Establish monthly goals for the coming month and identify key results achieved from the prior month. Report these goals monthly by the 5th day of the month.
- File expense reports weekly within 2 weeks of trip completion.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Contribute to the annual corporate goals established by our Board of Directors for FY2019.
QUALIFICATIONS – WORK EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- 10 years’ national account management experience, in a manufacturing environment calling on quick service restaurant customers preferred.
- Experience in developing and executing account plans.
- Consultative selling training, especially with Sandler Selling Systems preferred.
- Fully competent in Microsoft suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fully competent in use of SalesForce.com.
- Successful sales track record that shows continuous growth in sales over career.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to travel on average 65% of time.
- Sales experience in foodservice packaging or the food packaging industry required.
- Experience managing distributors and brokers is a plus.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The ability to frequently travel domestically
- Exposure to warm and cold work environments in a manufacturing setting
This job description is intended as a guide and is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of the job duties, skills, and requirements. The company may make necessary changes as needed.
Business ethics, honesty, integrity, excellence, teamwork, diversity, continuous improvement, customer service, and empathy
Pak-Sher has been an innovator in the design and manufacture of carryout and kitchen prep packaging since the 1970’s and is located in Kilgore, Texas near Longview & Tyler, Texas.
Vision Statement: “Pak-Sher strives to be a nimble U.S. manufacturer of innovative plastic packaging committed to enhancing the experience of our customers, team, and community by energizing people, nurturing relationships, and having the courage to seek a “better” way.”
People are our focus at Pak-Sher. We strive to hire the best, develop our team members to achieve their professional goals, and keep them challenged and evolving. We want associates that question the status-quo and aren’t afraid to take chances with trying something new.
Our compensation is performance-based and our benefits are top-notch, better than other employers in the area. We offer PPO medical, prescription, dental, life, AD&D, 401k with matching, and profit share. We have extremely low health insurance premiums, low deductibles, and a large network of providers. It’s important to us that our employees and their families have the best benefit plans and networks available.
Interested and qualified candidates can email a resume and salary expectations to Msiegley@paksher.com